Site Investigation Services
GB Land Engineering Limited (GBLE) offer geotechnical investigations to all geo-environmental consultants as well as public and private sector clients.
GBLE have the capability to offer an extensive variation of exploratory drilling techniques to accommodate a comprehensive range of surface and underground conditions to ensure that specific project and technical requirements are achieved.
- Various multi-functional drilling rigs available from 3 tonne to 15 tonne (maximum weight).
- Rotary Open Hole to a maximum depth of 100 metres.
- Rotary Core from 76mm up to 100mm.
- Drilling mediums: Water, mist, mud or foam as per client requirements.
- Dynamic Sampling: SPT’s and CPT’s.
- Rotary Percussive Drilling.
- Down The Hole Hammer (DTHH) and Symmetrix systems.
- PW type Casing available.
- Rotary casing up to 150mm diameter.
Installation and Monitoring
- Installation of temporary or permanent casing for monitoring, down hole surveys and sampling.
- Installation of stand pipes, piezometers and divers.
- In-situ borehole tests including, hydrological tests (modified falling head, pumping and single packer tests) and discrete water sampling.
- Trial pits and trenches.
- Sampling, logging (to BS9530:2015+A1:2020) and testing.
- Investigation of contaminated sites.
- Geotechnical correlated borehole logs upon request.
- Gas monitoring undertaken using GFM426-1.
- Groundwater monitoring available.
- GBLE can also provide a range of specific survey and testing techniques through our well established connections with specialist geotechnical service providers.
Pre-site Checks and Factual Reporting Procedures
- Pre-site work walkover assessments.
- Extensive historic geological archive data available.
- Production of AGS borehole Data (HoleBase)
- Schedule samples for analysis.
- Engineering borehole logs available on request.
- Surveying of borehole positions – data provided in DWG or XLS format.